Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sacre Bleu!

At least, that’s what I expect Jacques Chirac had to say when he got the election news from Les Etats Unis.

Random comments—

I, for one, will never let a national election go by without volunteering to help. I’m embarrassed to say that this is the first time I did more than carp from the sidelines. I knew if I thought the election was important, I had to pitch in. I was surprised how enjoyable it was working with the exciting team of kids that came from DC to help out.

Nothing so became the challenger in the campaign as his demeanor in leaving it. I was genuinely touched with his concession speech, and impressed with the integrity he showed in resisting the efforts pressed by Terry McAuliffe and John Edwards to take the decision to the courts.

The President weathered the withering attacks from the Left, Right and Center, while his opponent ran only one gauntlet, the one crafted by the Swift Vets. The mainstream media stayed scrupulously away from any embarrassing questions. After all the vitriol - Pouf! Michael Moore- Pouf!

Osama bin Laden found out he was not dealing with Spain or the Philippines. But then, shivering in his cave, he already knew that.

With the unfortunate help of their new governor, Californians signed a check for $6 billion for Idiotic Scam Cell research. 23 years and no breakthroughs – no wonder the vulture capitalists want the good people of California to take the risk so that they can spend theirs on Ferrari F430s. Vroom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home